Downtown Akron Partnership will continue to coordinate with business and property owners, government and nonprofits to help ensure the safety and well-being of our downtown family. We are working closely with these partners and through national recommendations from the International Downtown Association to aggregate useful information for you regarding COVID-19.
Please check back to these resource pages for updates as the situation evolves.
HEALTH QUESTIONS ABOUT COVID-19
If you have questions about COVID-19, visit the Ohio Department of Health website at coronavirus.ohio.gov. You can also call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH.
Greater Akron Chamber COVID-19 Recent Updates
RESOURCES FOR BUSINESS
- Dominion — Suspension of utility shutoff
- FirstEnergy — Suspension of utility shutoff.
- Payment arrangements available for small business:
- Customers can have up to 6 months on a payment arrangement with little to no money down. Late payment charges are being waived.
- FirstEnergy has established a customer service team dedicated to our non-residential customers. This team can provide helpful information on available assistance programs and offer payment agreements if needed. If you would like more information, please contact your utility company at 1-800-633-4766 and ask to speak to a member of the Small Business Team. Members of this team are available 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- City of Akron Water and Sewer — Suspension of utility shutoff
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
TIPS FOR ENJOYING PUBLIC SPACE
DOWNTOWN PUBLIC PARTNER UPDATES
Taxes (The deadline for filing individual and business income tax returns has been moved to July 15, 2020.)
updated July 8, 2020, 10 a.m.