A team of ambassadors work six days a week to ensure a clean, safe and welcoming environment by providing safety escorts and other services to make downtown enjoyable for everyone. The ambassador program began in 2009 as a way to further Downtown Akron Partnership’s mission.
• Provide escorts to and from businesses and parking locations
• Report on potential and actual emergencies
• Work with street level businesses to address security/safety concerns
• Work to connect panhandlers to available service agencies
• Provide cleaning services to downtown sidewalks
• Remove litter and graffiti
• Identify and complete special projects
• Maintain downtown planters and hanging baskets
• Provide information and directions to visitors
• Jump car batteries and unlock car doors for stranded motorists
• Are certified in CPR and First Aid
Cleaning Ambassadors: Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Safety Ambassadors: Mon.-Wed., 7 a.m.-8 p.m.; Thurs.-Fri., 7 a.m.-11 p.m.; Sat., 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
Recent survey results from downtown stakeholders, employees, visitor and residents show: