Clean & Safe
A team of ambassadors works seven days a week to ensure a clean, safe and welcoming environment by providing safety escorts and other services to make downtown enjoyable for everyone. The ambassador program began in 2009 as a way to further Downtown Akron Partnership’s mission.
For ambassador services or to report a problem, call the on-duty supervisor during hours of operation at 330-706-7383. Click here for the ambassador and safety brochure.
Ambassador hours of operation - now seven days a week through support from Akron Civic Commons
Monday-Saturday: 7 a.m.-11 p.m. | Sunday: 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
• Provide escorts to and from businesses and parking locations
• Report on potential and actual emergencies
• Work with street-level businesses to address security/safety concerns
• Work to connect panhandlers to available service agencies
• Provide cleaning services to downtown sidewalks
• Remove litter and graffiti
• Identify and complete special projects
• Maintain downtown planters and hanging baskets
• Provide information and directions to visitors
• Jump car batteries and unlock car doors for stranded motorists
• Are certified in CPR and First Aid
Cover photo by Shane Wynn