Clean & Safe
A team of ambassadors works seven days a week to ensure a clean, safe and welcoming environment by providing safety escorts and other services to make downtown enjoyable for everyone. The ambassador program began in 2009 as a way to further Downtown Akron Partnership’s mission.
Ambassador hours of operation—now seven days a week through support from Akron Civic Commons
For ambassador services or to report a problem, call the on-duty ambassador during hours of operation at 330-706-7383.
Monday - Saturday: 7 a.m. - 11 p.m. | Sunday: 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Ambassadors will be available for limited services on December 24 and December 31: Expect a slight delay if calling for vehicle lockout or jumpstart.
Ambassadors will not be available on December 25 and January 1.
For non-emergency issues outside of ambassador operating hours, use the Akron Police Department's non-emergency numbers, 330-375-2181 or 330-375-2101. For any emergency at any time, call 911.
Click here for the ambassador and safety brochure.
• Provide escorts to and from businesses and parking locations
• Report on potential and actual emergencies
• Work with street-level businesses to address security/safety concerns
• Work to connect people in need of assistance to available service agencies
• Provide cleaning services to downtown sidewalks
• Remove litter and graffiti
• Identify and complete special projects
• Maintain downtown planters and hanging baskets
• Provide information and directions to visitors
• Perform walking and biking patrols throughout the service area
• Jump car batteries and unlock car doors for stranded motorists
Cover photo by Denzel D. Washington in OH SNAP Photo Lab