- Mon, Jul 30, 2018 - Fri, Aug 3, 2018 12-5 p.m.
- Mon, Jul 23, 2018 - Fri, Jul 27, 2018 12-5 p.m.
- Mon, Jul 9, 2018 - Fri, Jul 13, 2018 12-5 p.m.
- Mon, Jun 18, 2018 - Fri, Jun 22, 2018 12-5 p.m.
Ages 13 – 17, Beginner – Intermediate
Requirement: Digital Camera
What you’ll learn:
• How to get the most out of your digital camera.
• Composition: training your eye to find the interesting image.
• Using natural and artificial light to take better pictures.
• A different hands-on composition-on-location or studio photo experience* every day.
• Photo reviews and discussions.
When and how long?
July 30-August 3
Monday-Friday 12-5 with a reception for family and friends on Friday from 5 to 7pm.
From the first day of the camp, students will be behind the camera, learning the craft of photography through a combination of in-class instruction, EarthaVision workshops, and individual assignments. Over the course of the week, students will become familiar with and learn how to shoot in the many genres of photography, including Fine Art Photography, Photojournalism, Commercial Photography, and much more.
The main goal of the camp is to train students to shoot and film images at a professional level. This means that students learn how to execute an assignment quickly and effectively, developing their own style of seeing and shooting the world that makes each image they take instantly recognizable as their own. To help them develop their own original voice, students study under Eartha L. Goodwin with special guest professional photographers who remain active in the field, shooting in the many different genres of photography.
We will end the week with an exhibit for family, friends and the public to view in the Historic Arts District of downtown Akron. Shows will be on view during business hours for 2 weeks.
* Photo experiences may include: Portrait Photography, Food Photography, Macro Photography, Architecture Photography, Still Life Photography, Street Photography, Model Photography, Studio Photography