- Friday, Jan 22, 2021 8 - 9:30 a.m.
Online - Virtual Event
A program of the GAC Leadership Dialogue Series
In 2018, a regional economic development collaboration called Elevate Greater Akron was launched, with a focus on creating a transformative, high functioning, and connected economic development initiative for the Greater Akron region. From this common playbook, a collaborative network of partners have been working together to execute on opportunities for the region that will drive its vibrancy and position it for growth. Core elements of this effort include a focus on economic inclusion; innovation and entrepreneurship; workforce; downtown and neighborhood development; and support for the region’s business community. As this work celebrates its two-year anniversary, it arrives at a point of reflection and adjustment.
During this event, the Elevate Greater Akron partners will share their perspectives, learnings, goals and strategies for the coming year. While the areas of focus outlined in the initial Elevate Greater Akron initiative remain the same, the partners will outline specific priorities and areas of work that have been updated to reflect not only the last two years of work in this space, but also the newly presented challenges and opportunities facing individuals, businesses and the region in light of the pandemic.
Following the panel discussion, participants will have the opportunity to ask questions during the virtual Q&A.
Introductory Remarks provided by Christine Amer Mayer, President, GAR Foundation
• Robert DeJournett, Vice President, Opportunity & Inclusion, GAC
• Jason Dodson, Shareholder, Roetzel Consulting Solutions on behalf of The County of Summit
• James Hardy, Deputy Mayor for Integrated Development, City of Akron
• Sue Lacy, President, ConxusNEO
• Jim Mullen, President & CEO, United Way of Summit and Medina
• Doug Weintraub, CEO, Bounce Innovation Hub
Moderator: Steve Millard, GAC