Summit Education Initiative envisions a future in which Education becomes Summit County’s highest priority and its education system is rated the best in Ohio.
- Encourage children at every stage in their development to pursue further education.
- Eliminate obstacles that prevent children from achieving ambitious educational goals.
Fortified by this support, ever-increasing numbers of Summit County children graduate from high school well-prepared for higher education and earn degrees from post-secondary educational programs, making Summit County the most educated community in Ohio and attracting to the county thousands of highly skilled and well-paid jobs.
The mission of Summit Education Initiative (SEI) is as follows:
- Ensure that all students in Summit County graduate from high school well prepared for successful careers and/or higher education.
To help Summit County realize this vision and act upon its mission, Summit Education Initiative:
- Articulates the major educational challenges facing the county and tracks the progress being made in addressing those challenges by conducting research and publicizing relevant data and findings
- Encourages and facilitates collaborations designed to address those educational challenges and
- Develops prototype programs that test and refine strategies for removing barriers to high educational aspiration and achievement.