***Reopening on July 10, 2020***
Summit Artspace will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28, 2019, and also between Dec. 22-Jan. 3, 2020.
Summit Artspace, the nonprofit community arts center and art galleries for Summit County and the surrounding area, provides art exhibits and physical environments that promote a strong, diverse and vibrant arts and culture community.
Building Community Through the Arts -Summit Artspace is a nonprofit community arts center and art galleries dedicated to providing:
- Nurturing environments for artists at all levels of their creative journey
- Encouraging participation in the arts through education and outreach
- Serving as a vital creative resource for the community
The downtown Akron site, Summit Artspace on East Market, is housed in the historic first site of the Akron Beacon Journal, and is home to the Summit Artspace Galleries, artist studios, the organization’s office and The Box Gallery. It is the site of several art organizations, the Akron Society of Artists and the Artists of Rubber City. For rent, there are also creative business offices, galleries, performance spaces, workshop areas and meeting rooms. The facility is owned by one of our valued partners, the County of Summit, which has been a significant and valued supporter of Summit Artspace as community space.
Click here for the lists of artists at Summit Artspace
Upcoming Events at Summit Artspace
- Mr. Fred and Mr. Greg – Love Beyond Boundaries: A Father/Son Story Told in Letters and Photos - Friday, Jul 10, 2020 12 - 7 p.m.
- Artists of the Rubber City Regional Show - Friday, Jul 10, 2020 12 - 7 p.m.
- Motion // Emotion: Summit Artspace Photography Show - Friday, Jul 10, 2020 12 - 7 p.m.
- Mr. Fred and Mr. Greg – Love Beyond Boundaries: A Father/Son Story Told in Letters and Photos - Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 12 - 5 p.m.
- Motion // Emotion: Summit Artspace Photography Show - Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 12 - 5 p.m.