The Drs. Nicholas and Dorothy Cummings Center for the History of Psychology (CCHP) is located at The University of Akron in Akron, Ohio. It is a unique institution that cares for, provides access to, and interprets the historical record of psychology and related human sciences.
The CCHP includes a museum of psychology that highlights artifacts, documents, films, and photographs from the history of the human sciences. It is also home to the Archives of the History of American Psychology, comprised of a vast collection of artifacts, media, and documents, including the personal papers of many important psychologists.
The CCHP opens its doors to scholars, students of all ages, and visitors from across the globe who come to view and work with these one-of-a-kind collections.
Upcoming Events at The University of Akron: The National Museum of Psychology
- HOME Exhibition: Mini Tour with Josy Jones - Wednesday, Dec 14, 2022 6 - 7 p.m.
- Fall 2022 Myers School of Art Senior Exhibitions: Opening Reception - Saturday, Dec 17, 2022 12 - 4 p.m.
- HOME Exhibition: Mini Tour with Josy Jones - Wednesday, Jan 11, 2023 6 - 7 p.m.
- Delaware Girl: The Art of Valerie J. Evans - Friday, Dec 9, 2022 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Delaware Girl: The Art of Valerie J. Evans - Saturday, Dec 10, 2022 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.