The Akron Zoo, located on 50 acres just west of downtown, is one of only 218 accredited world conservation zoos by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA). As an AZA member, your Akron Zoo participates in breeding programs to save endangered species. When you visit the zoo, you'll come nose-to-nose with more than 700 animals, including endangered Humboldt penguins, snow leopards, Sumatran tigers, jaguars, jellyfish and Komodo dragons.
Winter hours: 11 a.m.-4 p.m. (Nov.-April)
Summer hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. (May-Oct.)
Upcoming Events at Akron Zoo
- Clue at the Zoo - Saturday, Aug 24, 2019 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Members' Night - Friday, Aug 30, 2019
- Senior Safari - Friday, Sep 6, 2019 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Brew at the Zoo - Saturday, Sep 7, 2019 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Animal Enrichment Day: Training Showcase - Saturday, Sep 7, 2019 11 a.m - 3 p.m.