Re-Opening June 17, 2020 | 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Starting August 16, hours will be 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Tickets must be purchased online. No tickets will be available at the door. To avoid overcrowding, tickets are available via time ticketing. The time selected for your tickets is the time you must enter the park. Even Akron Zoo members must have tickets to enter the park. Member tickets are available online.
The Akron Zoo, located on 50 acres just west of downtown, is one of only 218 accredited world conservation zoos by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA). As an AZA member, your Akron Zoo participates in breeding programs to save endangered species. When you visit the zoo, you'll come nose-to-nose with more than 700 animals, including endangered Humboldt penguins, snow leopards, Sumatran tigers, jaguars, jellyfish and Komodo dragons.
Upcoming Events at Akron Zoo
- Howl-O-Ween - Sat, Oct 10, 2020 - Sat, Oct 31, 2020
- Election Day at the Zoo - Tuesday, Nov 3, 2020 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Virtual Wine and Paint Night - Wednesday, Nov 11, 2020 6-8 p.m.
- Trunk Show - Thursday, Dec 3, 2020 4-7:30 p.m.
- Zoo Year's Eve - Thursday, Dec 31, 2020 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.