Date and Time for this Past Event
- Friday, May 26, 2023 7pm
Akron Civic Theatre
182 S Main St
Mark Twain said, “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” And the writer Raymond Chandler once observed, “There is no bad whiskey. There are only some whiskeys that aren’t as good as others.”
Well, how do you know a good whiskey when you taste it? Experience!
Whiskey lovers and the whiskey curious are invited to walk into the world of “liquid sunshine” at the Akron Civic Theatre’s A Whiskey Deemed Worthy on Friday, May 26 at 7:00 p.m. Patrons will have their choice of four standard-serving-size pours from among 16 American whiskeys:
- Cleveland Whiskey: Cleveland Underground Black Cherry Bourbon; Wheat Penny 1958; Magic Rabbit Chocolate Peanut Butter Whiskey; Black Reserve Bourbon Whiskey; and Bridge & Main American Wheat (Ohio)
- Western Reserve Distillers: Organic Batch Bourbon; Small Batch Bourbon; Cherry Finish Bourbon; Six Year Rye; Caribbean Cast Rye
- Middle West: Wheated Bourbon (Ohio)
- Towpath Distillery: Bourbon Whiskey (Ohio)
- Angel’s Envy (Kentucky)
- Bardstown: Fusion (Kentucky)
- Four Roses: Single Barrel Bourbon; Small Batch Select (Kentucky)
- Larceny: Small Batch (Kentucky)
- Sazerac: Straight Rye Whiskey (Kentucky)
- Woodford Reserve: Double Oaked Bourbon (Kentucky)
- Bib and Tucker: Small Batch 6 Year Bourbon Whiskey (Tennessee)
- Uncle Nearest: 1856 (Tennessee)
Patrons will also enjoy ambient live music and a delicious array of noshes — a spectacular charcuterie presentation of meats, cheeses, vegetables, dips and breads by D’Agnese’s Trattoria; chicken wings; and sweet and savory selections from Gardner’s Pies. Specialty drinks showcasing some of the featured bourbons and whiskeys will also be available for purchase.
Tickets are $60 and can be purchased at the Akron Civic Theatre box office, 182 S. Main St. in downtown Akron; by phone at 330-253-2488; or online at www.AkronCivic.com. Patrons must be 21 or older to attend the event.