Release Date: September 21,2021
The Akron Children’s Museum Announces Reopening and new COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Akron, OH – Akron Children’s Museum (ACM) will reopen to all visitors on Friday, October 1, 2021 after temporarily closing its doors on March 13, 2020 to adhere to the COVID-19 safety mandates. The Museum remains committed to providing a safe museum experience where children and families can learn through play. New safety protocols are in place for staff and visitors. Members and those wishing to become members are invited back for an early preview period beginning Wednesday, September 22nd, the first day of the Fall season through Thursday, September 30th, 2021. The first 150 member-children will receive a “Welcome Back Snack Pack” as a show of appreciation.
ACM will adhere to the following safety protocols:
- Limited business hours to allow for more frequent cleaning in between visitors.
- Open Mondays and Tuesdays for private field trips
- Open Wednesday through Friday from 9:30am-1:30 pm for all visitors
- Open Saturday from 10:00am-5:00pm for all visitors
- Open Sunday from 10:00am-12:00pm for private birthday parties and 12:00 pm-5:00pm for all visitors
- Please note the museum will be closed on September 25, 2021 due to the street closures downtown for the Akron Marathon.
- Reduced number of handheld toys throughout the Museum.
- Regular cleaning of exhibits and common spaces using hospital grade cleaners.
- Quarterly, long-lasting electrostatic spraying treatments to protect surfaces from the spread of germs and bacteria.
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the Museum.
- Masks will be worn by all staff members.
The Museum requires visitors to abide by these safety protocols:
- Stay at home if you or anyone in your family are feeling ill or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19;
- Wear a mask inside the museum if you are 2 years of age or older;
- Maintain a 6-foot distance from visitors not in your family or group;
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer frequently;
- Follow ACM’s directional signage and instructions from staff.
Executive Director, Traci Buckner, said “We are so pleased to be welcoming families back to the museum! Opportunities for exploration and discovery through play are essential for a child’s healthy development, and we look forward to providing those opportunities once again. We have missed seeing our visitors come through the doors, and we appreciate their support and patience as we continue through this challenging time. Many thanks to our community partners, museum members, friends, and families, for their continued support and generous donations; we cannot do this without you!”
For more information about Akron Children’s Museum or its upcoming events: Play At Home, which includes fall family portraits, dinner, and a party box on October 23rd; and Hands-On Halloween on October 31st, please visit: https://akronkids.org/
About the Akron Children’s Museum
Founded by a group of young parents, the Akron Children’s Museum is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to being Akron’s premier gathering place for children and families. A place where play inspires exploration, discovery, and problem-solving, ACM strives to provide experiences that cultivate lifelong learners who will inspire creativity and provide innovative leadership and diverse perspectives to the greater Akron community and the world for generations to come.
For more information about Akron Children’s Museum, contact Traci Buckner.
Phone: 330-396-6103, E-mail: email@example.com, or Web: https://www.akronkids.org