Release Date: May 25,2022
Summit Artspace to Host 2022 Arts Alive Awards
Akron, OHIO (May 25, 2022) — Since 2002, the Arts Alive Awards have recognized gifted artists, talented arts educators, and change-making advocates who bring the arts to life and shape our community’s culture.
Summit Artspace invites you to attend the Arts Alive Awards benefit reception celebrating honorees in 13 categories on June 23, 2022, from 6-9 p.m. at 140 East Market Street. Tickets can be purchased on Summit Artspace’s website. Donations at every level are welcome and support Summit Artspace’s mission to help artists thrive professionally, creatively, and financially. The in-person event celebrating the 2022 recipients and benefitting Summit Artspace includes open galleries and artwork, music and entertainment, and a special program honoring the 2022 recipients. Heavy appetizers, desserts, and signature cocktails will be served.
Those who cannot attend in person may register for the 30-minute pre-recorded virtual ceremony broadcast.
The following Arts Alive award recipients were selected for 2022:
- Arts Alive Award: Arnold Tunstall
- Lifetime Achievement: Hui-Chu Ying
- Summit Artspace Champion: Michelle Ward-Ciancio
- Arts Educator: Robert Pierson (Revere High School Visual Art)
- Arts Patron: Albert Masco/Akron Coffee Roasters
- Collaborative Project: KSU Museum/KSU Art Education/KSU Symposium "Textures"
- Emerging Artist: Eric Mansfield
- IDEA Leader: Millennial Theatre Project
- Outstanding Artist in Dance: Chloe Redman
- Outstanding Artist in Theatre: Josy Jones
- Outstanding Artist in Music: Hal Walker
- Outstanding Visual Artist: Joe Ott
- Rising Arts Leader: Andre "Dray" Evans
More information about the recipients, the awards, and the selection criteria can be found on the Summit Artspace 2022 Arts Alive Awards webpage.
“Local artists—and those who support and teach local artists—are a driving force in our quality of life and make the greater Akron area a distinctive place to live and work,” notes Linda Diefendorff, president of Summit Artspace’s Board of Directors. “For twenty years, Summit Artspace has championed their efforts, and we are thrilled to recognize this incredible group of arts professionals.”
The Arts Alive awards are made possible by Summit Artspace’s generous sponsors: FirstEnergy Foundation, the County of Summit, Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs LLP, Bober Markey Fedorivich, Huntington, Brio Performance Solutions, Pickard Commercial Group, Robert J. Events and Catering, Meaden & Moore, Ltd., R. Shea Brewing, Roetzel & Andress, Steel & Company Law Firm, Young and Associates, Inc., and media sponsor 91.3 The Summit.
For more information about Arts Alive 2022, contact Community Engagement Coordinator Grace Carter (grace@summitartspace.