Release Date: March 5,2020
METRO RTA Announces Public Outreach for Strategic Planning Process.
METRO is developing a Strategic Plan to define its future bus network throughout Summit County, and the process isn't complete without ideas and input from the public.
“This is an important time for our community to come together and provide feedback about their public transportation service at one of our outreach events,” says METRO Executive Director Dawn Distler. “The Strategic Plan will be a road map that guides us to the next level of service and mobility options METRO will provide for the communities we serve, helping everyone reach that next level of success.”
Community members are invited to stop by one of METRO’s public open houses:
- Tues., March 10 | 6:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. | Robert K. Pfaff Transit Center | Akron
- Tues., March 24 | 5:30-7:30 p.m. | Akron-Summit Main Library | Akron
Or, join METRO for its Buses & Brews gatherings. Refreshments will be available for purchase.
- Tues., March 10 | 4-7 p.m. | Ignite Brewing Company | Barberton
- Wed., March 11 | 7-10 a.m. | Corner Cup Coffeehouse | Stow
- Wed., March 11 | 5-8 p.m. | Rush Hour Grille | Twinsburg
- Fri., March 13 | 7-9 a.m. | George’s Donuts | Twinsburg
- Sat., March 14 | 8-10 a.m. | Open Door Coffee Company | Hudson
- Mon., March 16 | 4-7 p.m. | The Town Tavern | Green
- Thurs., March 19 | 8-11 a.m. | Compass | Akron
- Thurs., March 19 | 3:30-6:30 p.m. | R. Shea Brewing | Merriman Valley
- Sat., March 21 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Nervous Dog Coffee Bar | Wallhaven
- Mon., March 23 | 4-7 p.m. | Missing Falls Brewery | Akron
- Wed., March 25 | 9-11 a.m. | Kave Coffee Bar | Barberton
- Wed., March 25 | 4-6 p.m. | Asterisk Coffee Bar| Cuyahoga Falls
Those who cannot attend an event are invited to share feedback via survey by visiting akronmetro.metroquest.com.
“The Strategic Plan will help us define foundational goals and a corresponding action plan to guide METRO into the next ten years,” says Valerie Shea, Director of Planning and Strategic Development. “We encourage everyone to provide their feedback about future mobility needs through our online survey and/or talk with us at our public outreach events.”
METRO RTA is the public transportation provider in Summit County. METRO enhances the quality of life for our community by providing innovative transportation solutions that are safe, dependable, cost-effective and customer focused, now and into the future.