Release Date: October 27,2020
Mayor Horrigan Announces Release of 2020 Hey Akron Magazine
Magazine is available online at www.akronohio.gov/heyakron
Akron, Ohio, Oct. 27, 2020 — Akron Mayor Dan Horrigan is proud to release the 2020 Hey Akron Magazine. Due to budget limitations caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the City’s 2020 Hey Akron Magazine will be delivered virtually this year. You can view the full magazine at www.akronohio.gov/heyakron.
“These pages of the 2020 Hey Akron Magazine will give our citizens a glimpse into the people, projects and initiatives that have defined our year,” said Mayor Horrigan. “For all of us, 2020 has been a year of firsts. It’s been a year of hardship and struggle, but also one of adaptation and growth. We have learned much about ourselves and about what we want most for our families and community. We better understand what we need from our leaders and have learned, most importantly, how to better take care of each other.”
The 2020 Hey Akron Magazine includes:
- A letter from Mayor Horrigan
- Information on the proposed City of Akron Charter Amendments appearing as Issues 2-7 on the November ballot
- An employee feature of Summer Hall, Community Outreach Liaison for the newly formed City of Akron Public Art Commission
- Information on the newly reopened Main Street Corridor
- A letter from Bishop Joey Johnson, Chair of the City's Racial Equity and Social Justice Taskforce
- Community spotlights featuring local photographer Autumn Bland from Todd Biss Productions, and Kevin Nelson, Bounce Innovation Hub tenant and CEO of local business NelDerm
- A local COVID-19 community resource page
- The Lock 3 Fall schedule of events
If you have an inspiring story about individuals or organizations doing great work in the Akron community, please reach out to Mayor@akronohio.gov and your story might be featured in the 2021 Hey Akron Magazine.