Release Date: June 24,2021
Leadership Akron Announces Signature Class 38
Akron, OH (June 24, 2021) – For over 35 years, Leadership Akron has inspired participants to advance their involvement and impact as community leaders. In keeping with that mission, Leadership Akron is thrilled to announce 42 leaders for its 2021-2022 Signature Program.
The Leadership Akron Signature Program is a ten-month program for our region’s top leaders across sectors who are interested in broadening their community impact. The program not only engages and informs the top leaders of our community’s companies and organizations but also creates meaningful bonds with other like-minded individuals of diverse backgrounds.
Selected members of the new class include:
- Timothy Able, SeibertKeck Insurance Partners
- Tarun Bhalla, M.D., Akron Children's Hospital
- Russell Burgett, Cohen & Company
- Tracy Burt, Akron Community Foundation
- Andre Campbell, United Way of Summit & Medina
- Paula Christ, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Carol Crabtree, Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
- Marie Curry, Community Legal Aid Services, Inc.
- Lisa Denholm, Sikich LLP
- Jennifer DiSalvo, APV Engineered Coatings, Inc.
- Kandy Fatheree, Summit County Sheriff’s Office
- Richard Fry, Buckingham
- Derrick Hall, Akron Public Schools
- Pamela Holtz, Akron Zoo
- Kimberly Irvin-Lee, Akron Urban League
- Stephanie Kormanec, Huntington Private Bank
- Deante Lavender, The Remedy Church
- Rob Lehr, GAR Foundation
- Mac Love, Art x Love, LLC
- Joe Lukac, Ernst & Young
- Mindy Marsden, Bober Markey Fedorovich
- Lori McCleese, Junior Achievement of North Central Ohio
- Karla McDay, Harmony House
- Sheila Miller, Cleveland Clinic Akron General
- Brian Moore, Stark State College
- David Oeschger, Roetzel & Andress
- Patrick Palmieri, Ph.D., Summa Health
- Jason Petrik, Energy Harbor Corp.
- Matthew Pool, Wayside Farm Inc.
- Sharon Reaves, County of Summit
- Jess Rist, IBH Addiction Recovery
- Tamiyka Rose, City of Akron Mayor's Office
- Shaleeta Smith, Summit County Public Health
- Michele Smith, Good Samaritan Hunger Center
- Jessica Sublett, Bounce Innovation Hub
- Ben Swallow, PNC Wealth Management Group
- Steven Swartz, Akron Police Department
- Darrin Toney, Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority
- Stephanie Walton, Summit Metro Parks
- John Wiencek, The University of Akron
- Lorna Wisham, FirstEnergy Corp.
- Rocco Yeargin, City of Green
From August through June, the Signature Program exposes top area leaders to experiences and connections that will prepare them to maximize their community impact. The program kicks off with a city tour and a spirited opening retreat. In the months that follow, the class is immersed in experiences that address specific aspects of the community.
In addition to the Signature Program, Leadership Akron also offers Diversity on Board, Junior Leadership Akron, NEXT, and other community-based programming. For more information about Leadership Akron, visit its website at leadershipakron.org.