Release Date: August 18,2020
Leadership Akron Announces Diversity on Board Class 5
Akron, OH (August 18, 2020) — Leadership Akron is thrilled to announce its class of 14 individuals for its 2020-2021 Diversity on Board program. Diversity on Board, with significant support from United Way of Summit and Medina, provides leadership development, education, and board matching services to advance minority representation on nonprofit and public boards.
For more than 35 years, Leadership Akron has inspired participants to advance their involvement and impact as community leaders. Its graduates share a common commitment to serving the community and working together to strengthen the Akron area.
Selected members of the new class include:
- Ean Johnson, Omnitrax, LLC
- Tamara Mora, University of Akron
- Jonathan Thornton, AWS Supply Chain Services
- Ameeca Holmes, Akron Children’s Hospital
- Yvette Curry, Akron Public Schools
- Traci Lewis, United Healthcare
- Arkeyia Walker, Community Support Services
- Simone Richardson, Akron-Summit County Public Library
- Angela Sellers, Summit County Children Services
- Lakesha Brock, Towpath Trail High School
- Rebekah Semelsberger, FirstEnergy
- Thomas Jefferson, Akron Children’s Hospital
- Denico Buckley-Knight, Akron Public Schools
- Rana Amawi, Cleveland Clinic/Akron General Medical Center
“We are excited to welcome these individuals to Diversity on Board Class 5," said Barry Dunaway, President, Leadership Akron. “We believe that Greater Akron can only be a thriving community when every voice is welcomed, heard, valued, and treated with respect, and when the Boards of nonprofit organizations reflect the members of the community they serve.”
In addition to Diversity on Board, Leadership Akron also offers its Signature Program, Junior Leadership Akron, NEXT, and other Community Leadership Institutes. For more information about Leadership Akron, visit its website at LeadershipAkron.org.