Release Date: July 15,2020
Leadership Akron Announces Additions to Board of Directors
AKRON, OH (July 15, 2020) – Leadership Akron is pleased to announce the following changes to its Board of Directors effective the beginning of its new fiscal year July 1, 2020.
- Dan Tompkins, Partner, EY, has been appointed to the Board of Directors. Dan also serves on the boards of the Center for Innovation & Growth at Baldwin Wallace and at the Cornerstone of Hope.
Tompkins states, “LA is one of the premier leadership development programs our community offers, and I am thrilled to continue my involvement at the Board level. I hope to leverage my experiences as an alumni and business partner to continuously improve the programs we offer.”
- Sherry Neubert, CIO, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, has been elected to a two-year term as Chair of the Board of Directors. Neubert has most recently served as Vice Chair and has been a Director since July 2014.
- Amanda Leffler, Attorney, Brouse McDowell, has been elected to a two-year term as Vice Chair.
- Paul Catania, Sr. Vice President/Branch Manager, Oswald Companies, has been elected to a two-year term as Secretary.
- Danielle Kimmell, Partner/Assurance and Advisory, Bober Markey & Fedorovich, has been elected to a two-year term as Treasurer.
Leadership Akron wishes to thank Bernett Williams, Vice President of External Affairs, Akron Children’s Hospital, for her strong guidance as Chair over the last two years.
Since 1984, Leadership Akron has equipped participants for more effective community involvement and leadership. In addition to its Signature Program, Leadership Akron also offers Junior Leadership Akron, Diversity on Board, NEXT, and other Community Leadership Institutes. For more information about Leadership Akron, visit its website at Leadershipakron.org.