Release Date: June 3,2021
Downtown Akron's Lock 3 Releases Full Schedule for June Events and Concerts
Akron, Ohio, June 3, 2021 — Today, the City of Akron’s Lock 3 has shared the detailed list of June 2021 summer events on the iconic Cleveland Clinic Akron General Stage.
Filled with evening concerts, festivals and community events, Lock 3’s June schedule was crafted to bring back safe community entertainment, following all directives currently in place to provide top-notch experiences for the entire family.
June 2021 events include:
June offers a full schedule of exercise at Lock 3. Mondays at 5 p.m. there will be Zumba. On Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. there will be yoga or you are invited to bring your dog at 7:00 p.m. for Thank Dog Boot Camp, incorporating exercise for you while working on obedience with your dog. Then on Sundays, line dancing will be offered at 4 p.m.
Alternative Nights with the jenY 107.3 every Thursday in June through August with radio station jenY 107.3 FM from 7 to 10 p.m. with yard games, drink specials, music and more.
● June 10, 2021: Flannel 90s Band: Alternative & Grunge Rock Tribute
● June 17, 2021: Music from 107.3 the jeNy
● June 24, 2021: Brood X
Rock the Lock every Fri. in June through Aug. featuring your favorite tribute bands. Gates open at 6 p.m., and concerts begin at 7 p.m. All concerts are free unless noted otherwise.
● June 4, 2021: Dirty Deeds, Extreme AC/DC Tribute (Tickets are $5 and are available for purchase at Lock3Live.com or at the gate.)
● June 11, 2021: Fleetwood Macked, Fleetwood Mac Tribute
● June 18, 2021: Parrots of the Caribbean Salute to Jimmy Buffett
● June 25, 2021: Satisfaction International Rolling Stones Show
Saturday Music, Events and Theatre
● June 5, 2021: On the Line with Rubber City Theatre, the performances will take place at 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
● June 12, 2021: Michael Austin Project, Russel Thompson with DJ Mo Lee 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
● June 19, 2021: The Autism Society of Greater Akron will end its annual fundraiser with a Resource Fair and Family Fun Day from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
● June 19, 2021: The Akron Symphony Orchestra presents its Outside Voices Concert Series at 7:30 p.m.
● June 26, 2021: Old School Soul presents Midnight Star (tickets on sale now at Lock3Live.com) Gates open at 6 p.m. concert starts at 7 p.m.
Family Movie Night
Join us on Sunday evenings this summer and enjoy a special theme starting at 8 p.m., followed by a movie. Bring a blanket, learn fire safety, healthy eating and more, and then enjoy a movie under the stars. Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
● June 6, 2021: Nutrition | Movie: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
● June 13, 2021: Fire Safety | Movie: Playing with Fire
● June 20, 2021: Father's Day | Movie: The Lion King
● June 27, 2021: Bike Safety | Movie: Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
Movies on the Great Streets: Lock 3 is also proud to present Movies on the Great Streets. Great Streets is a City of Akron initiative aimed at improving the City's Neighborhood Business Districts. By targeting support and resources in these areas, the City aims to create a notable impact for its residents. These movies are coming to Akron neighborhoods so families across the city can enjoy movies under the stars in their community.
The following movies are confirmed and will start at dusk (approximately 8:45 p.m.):
● Friday, June 4, 2021: Kenmore, Kenmore Branch Library Parking Lot | Movie: School of Rock
● Saturday, June 5, 2021: Merriman Valley, Weathervane Playhouse | Movie: Secret Life of Pets
● Saturday, June 12, 2021: Maple Valley, Kerr Park | Movie: The Croods A New Age
North Hill Movie Series: On the third Saturday of each month, at People’s Park (located at 760 Elma St.), Lock 3 is proud to be sponsoring its North Hill Movie Series.
The following movies are confirmed:
● June 19, 2021: One Night in Miami 8:45 p.m.
Continue to check Lock3Live.com for shows as they are confirmed.
Sponsors and foundation underwriting keep all concerts free or at deep discounts.
Lock 3 thanks our sponsors Cleveland Clinic Akron General, Tramonte Distributing, Miller Lite, Coca-Cola, Downtown Akron Partnership, Thirsty Dog Brewery, Glen Stephens Inc., The Knight Foundation, The University of Akron, WAKR, WONE, WQMX, jenY, and Courtyard Marriott Downtown Akron.
Concert and event information will be posted as it becomes available at Lock3Live.com.