Release Date: January 6,2021
ArtsNow Announces Artist Relief Fund to Offer Financial Support to Artists in Summit County
AKRON, OH (Jan. 6, 2021) — To support Summit County artists during the COVID-19 pandemic, ArtsNow has been granted $50,000 from GAR Foundation to offer financial support for artists personally or professionally impacted by the pandemic.
The Artist Relief Fund will award $500 or $1,000 grants per person to artists needing work-related supplies, rent for studio or home, equipment or software (Zoom, microphones, cameras, etc.), housing, childcare, or food.
To be eligible, artists must:
- Demonstrate a sustained commitment to his/her/their work, career, and a public audience
- Have a loss of income or new and unexpected expenses directly related to the COVID19 pandemic
- Be 18 years of age or older
These resources are allotted for those who live and/or work in Summit County.
Artists may work in the following disciplines:
- Dance (dancers, choreographers, etc.)
- Design (fashion, graphic, industrial, etc.)
- Film (animation, documentary, narrative, etc.)
- Fine Craft (ceramics, fiber, glass, jewelry, metals, textiles, etc.)
- Music (composers, musicians, etc.)
- Theater & Performance (acting, directing, tech crew, playwriting, etc.)
- Visual Art (painting, photography, sculpture, printmaking, etc.)
- Writing (fiction, nonfiction, poetry, graphic novels, journalism, etc.)
Applications will be accepted at artsnow.org/artistrelief through Jan. 28, 2021 at midnight. A committee will be reviewing all applications and making recommendations, and ArtsNow will distribute final grant awards. (Committee members will not be permitted to apply for aid.)
“The personal and professional toll the pandemic continues to have on the creative sector is substantial,” states Kendra Williams, ArtsNow Board Chair. “The generosity of GAR Foundation is a critical investment to help navigate the ongoing recovery in our industry and to ensure the arts are here to support the community we love in the days ahead. We hope you will take a moment to share this resource with eligible artists.”
To apply for the grant or to learn more, visit artsnow.org/artistrelief.
ArtsNow works to leverage the arts and culture in Summit County to support and strengthen the region’s economic and social vibrancy. Learn more at ArtsNow.org