Release Date: December 16,2022
Akron Municipal Court Announces Wedding Venues for January, February and March 2023
Akron, Ohio, December 16, 2022 – The Akron Municipal Court is partnering with eight local organizations to offer weddings for couples during January, February and March 2023.
The eight organizations are: Jilly’s Music Room, Springfield Township’s Centre on the Lake, Hale Farm and Village, A Princess for A Day Micro-Venue, the Akron Civic Theatre, Dontino’s Italian Restaurant, Summit Metro Parks and The Rialto Theatre.
All eight organizations have generously donated their space.
Venues and further details are listed below:
- Springfield Township’s Centre on the Lake | 2491 Canfield Rd. (Near Route 224) in Akron
- Monday, January 23, 2023 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Judge who will be officiating ceremonies: To be determined
- This is an indoor venue which overlooks Springfield Lake and the Springfield Lake Gazebo.
- Akron Civic Theatre | 182 S. Main St. in Akron ·
- Tuesday, February 14, 2023 (Valentine’s Day) from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Judges who will be officiating ceremonies: Judge Annalisa S. Williams and Judge Nicole Walker
- The Rialto Theatre | 1000 Kenmore Blvd. in Akron
- Thursday, March 30, 2023 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Judge who will be officiating ceremonies: Judge David Hamilton
- This date was chosen to celebrate “330 Day.”
If a couple wishes to invite friends or family to witness the ceremony, we ask that the total number of guests be limited to ten guests or less than ten guests. Each venue is an indoor venue.
Appointments are first-come, first-served and must be scheduled and paid for before the date of the ceremony. Time slots will not be added once all appointments are booked.
Prior to the ceremony, couples must obtain a marriage license from Summit County Probate Court. They then must pay a cash-only ceremony fee at the Akron Municipal Court in the Harold K. Stubbs Justice Center, located at 217 S. High St. in Downtown Akron between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The fee is $25 for those in the court’s jurisdiction, Akron, Fairlawn, Bath, Richfield, Springfield Township, Lakemore and the Summit County portion of Mogadore. There is a $40 fee for those residing outside the jurisdiction.
It is suggested to contact the Akron Municipal Court’s Chief Service Bailiff Patricia Williams at (330) 375-2592 to ensure space is still available before obtaining a marriage license or for any further questions regarding scheduling.