View All News
Release Date: April 19,2022
Akron Municipal Court Announces Summer Wedding Venues and Themes, Themes Include Harry Potter Weddings
Akron, Ohio, April 18, 2022 – The Akron Municipal Court is partnering with seven local venues to offer weddings for couples. The local venues are: Springfield Township’s Springfield Lake Gazebo, Eight Point Bistro, the Akron Art Museum’s Bud and Susie Rogers Garden, Cascade Locks Park, the Summit County Historical Society’s Mutton Hill, the Hower House Museum’s South Lawn and the Upper Lake at Richfield Heritage Preserve. All venues are outdoors with the exception of the Eight Point Bistro.
Further details are listed below:
- Eight Point Bistro | 1914 Buchholzer Blvd. in Akron
- Friday, June 17, 2022 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Judge who will be officiating ceremonies: Judge Annalisa S. Williams
- The venue will be decorated with colors representing Juneteenth.
- This is an indoor venue.
- Cascade Locks Park | 57 W. North Street in Akron (Also known commonly as The Mustill Store)
- Friday, July 15, 2022 from 10:00 a.m. to Noon
- Judge who will be officiating ceremonies: Judge Jon Oldham
- Hower House Museum’s South Lawn | University of Akron Campus | 60 Fir Hill in Akron
- Wednesday, August 10, 2022 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Judge who will be officiating ceremonies: Judge David Hamilton
- The Upper Lake at Richfield Heritage Preserve | 4374 Broadview Rd. in Richfield
- Wednesday, August 17, 2022 from Noon to 2:00 p.m.
- Judge who will be officiating ceremonies: Judge Nicole Walker
Appointments are first-come, first-served and must be scheduled and paid for before the date of the ceremony. Time slots will not be added once all appointments are booked.
Prior to the ceremony, couples must obtain a marriage license from Summit County Probate Court. They then must pay a cash-only ceremony fee at the Akron Municipal Court in the Harold K. Stubbs Justice Center, located at 217 S. High St. in Downtown Akron between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The fee is $25 for those in the court’s jurisdiction, Akron, Fairlawn, Bath, Richfield, Springfield Township, Lakemore and the Summit County portion of Mogadore. There is a $40 fee for those residing outside the jurisdiction.
It is suggested to contact the Akron Municipal Court’s Chief Service Bailiff Patricia Williams at (330) 375-2592 to ensure space is still available before obtaining a marriage license or for any further questions regarding scheduling.
Akron Municipal Court Administrative/Presiding Judge Ron Cable is officiating Star Wars themed weddings at the Highland Square Theatre on May 4, 2022 but no available time slots remain.