The University of Akron is a public institution of higher learning founded in 1870 as a small college affiliated with the Universalist Church. In 1913 ownership was transferred to the City of Akron due to financial problems. In 1967 the university became a state institution. The school offers more than 200 undergraduate and 100 graduate majors.
Upcoming Events at The University of Akron
- Burgeoning - Tuesday, Jan 21, 2020 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Burgeoning - Wednesday, Jan 22, 2020 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Burgeoning - Thursday, Jan 23, 2020 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Burgeoning - Friday, Jan 24, 2020 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Rock Painting with Fran - Thursday, Jan 30, 2020 4-7 p.m.