39 E Market St Get Directions
Akron, OH 44308
DEVELOPMENT DESCRIPTION: The Everett Building was originally built as an opera house for the Academy of Music in 1870.
This 29,000 square foot, five-story building at the north end of downtown was completely renovated in 1998. Investment was approximately $1,500,000. Developer Tony Troppe has restored the late 19th century facade to its original splendor.
The building is occupied with retail and office tenants. The occupancy rate exceeds 90 percent. Total employment among tenants in the building is approximately 120.
This exemplary five-story Second-Empire Victorian opera house was converted into a bank building in 1900. In great need of mechanical and restorative updating, it was reconditioned by the Everett Group for $1.9m in 1996. Today, the Everett Building is home to numerous professional groups, including the Huntington Bank county headquarters.