Become an Urban Corps Team Member!
Join Urban Corps, a team of Akronites dedicated to the growth and vibrancy of downtown Akron. Sign up now and receive volunteer opportunities throughout the year and earn prizes for your time by clicking the "Join the Team" link.
Click here for instructions on how to become a team member | Click here for the liability waiver.
Upcoming opportunities (to sign up, click JOIN THE TEAM above)
Downtown flower planting (details and sign up coming soon)
Summer Selfie Party on Cascade Plaza - June 21
6:30-8:30 p.m.: General event support (2 volunteers), bartender (2 volunteers)
7-9 p.m.: Selfie scavenger hunt registration (2 volutneers), Silent Disco yoga registration (2 volunteers)
8:30-10:30 p.m.: General event support (2 volunteers), bartender (2 volunteers)
Roller Dance Party on Cascase Plaza - July 5
6-7 p.m.: Event set-up (2 volunteers)
7-10 p.m.: Skate rental assistance (1 volunteer), bartender (1 volunteer)
10-11 p.m.: Event clean-up (2 volunteers)
Perks of being a team member:
• After 20 hours of service, receive a free Urban Corps t-shirt from Rubber City Clothing.
• After each additional 20 hours of services, receive a badge to add to your shirt for 40, 60 and 80 volunteer hours.
• At 100 hours of service, upgrade your t-shirt to an Urban Corps sweatshirt.
• Attend the annual team member event.
Team member requirements:
• Must be at least 18 years of age, or be accompanied by an adult.
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements listed with the volunteer opportunity.
Questions? please contact Kelli Fetter at 330-374-7676 or email@example.com.
This initiative is possible through support from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation and Akron Civic Commons.