Release Date: October 13,2020
Akron Municipal Court Issues Reminder Regarding Policies and Procedures
Akron, Ohio, October 13, 2020 – The Akron Municipal Court wishes to issue a reminder related to procedures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The information listed below has been communicated previously and should serve as a reminder.
- Individuals scheduled in the Court should not bring children or other people into the building with them. The Court will restrict access to the courtrooms to those individuals with court related matters only. Please note there is no waiting area for unauthorized persons.
- All individuals entering the building shall wear a mask while present in the Akron Municipal Court and interacting with Municipal Court Judges and employees.
- All individuals entering the building shall be subject to having a health assessment, including his/her temperature taken. No one exhibiting signs of illness, including a temperature of 100.4 degrees, will be admitted or allowed to stay.
- The Akron Municipal Court and all individuals herein shall continue to function under current social distancing protocols as ordered by the Governor of Ohio and should the Governor order further modifications; all individuals within the courthouse shall abide by said protocols.
- At no time in the Akron Municipal Court, shall there be more than 10 individuals in any courtroom, office, conference room, or other space that is confined, as determined by the Administrative Judge.
- The Akron Municipal Court shall continue to have the lawful authority, within constitutional limits, to do and direct to be done all things necessary to ensure the orderly and efficient administration of justice for the duration of the declared public health emergency.
- Before a court user wishes to visit the courthouse, he or she is encouraged to call the Court to ensure permission will be granted to enter the building.
These rules will remain in place until further notice.
As always, wash your hands often and avoid touching your face. Additional resources related to COVID-19 are available from the Summit County Public Health website: www.scph.org/covid-19.
All questions related to hearings should be directed to the specific courtroom, division or department. Earlier this year, a departmental directory was added to the Akron Municipal Court website to allow court users the ability to contact each courtroom, division or department in a timely fashion. The directory can be found by visiting: https://www.akronmunicipalcourt.org/contact/department-directory/